Students Donate Blood

Hailey Yates

Chloe Emerson manages a smile as she donates blood.

Hailey Yates, Staff Reporter

The blood drive was held on February 28.  Many new donors and returning donors participated in giving a pint of blood, making this event very successful.

Junior Chloe Emerson was a first time donor. She was extremely nervous and almost in tears. Emerson says she has always wanted to donate blood since she was little. “When I was younger, I used to hand out cookies and juice at the blood drive offered through 4H, and this made me always want to be able to donate blood.”

Although she was extremely scared to donate, she was very determined to go through with the process. She knew it was for a great cause.  “It scared me a lot to give blood and the whole experience freaked me out, but I’d definitely do it again because it felt good to help someone and it wasn’t as bad as I expected.”  

Another student, Wyatt Laguna, a junior also donated blood. He was very relaxed about the whole thing because he was a second time donor. “I wanted to donate because I knew I was saving people’s lives by doing so.”

He thought it was a great way to give back to people. He said that he wants to give blood as often as he can. Overall, this was a great experience for many students around campus.  

If you didn’t donate this year for whatever reason, there will be another chance for you when the blood drive returns to campus.