Spanish Honors Society Initiates New Members

Emily Rivera, Staff Reporter

On top of six class periods and sport activities, Los Banos High School offers a variety of clubs. Many students join these clubs because they love the club and what it has to offer or because of the academic recognition it offers.

One club at the school offers the students a great offering of delightful experiences for the students. That club happens to be the Spanish Honors Society. The club offers academic recognition, but it also focuses on the Spanish culture and language. In previous years, the club has gone to see plays in San Juan Bautista, participated in salsa dancing lessons, and organized a school dance as a club fundraiser, to name a few activities.

The club has certain requirements to be involved. Students have to have at least three semesters of an A grade in Spanish beginning at level 2. Once students have joined the club, they must meet at least once a month depending on what events are coming up.

On March 8th the club held a ceremony in the library to recognize and inaugurate new members.   Students who participated in the event were: Laura Albornoz, Jeneli Almanza, Sophia Castro, Corie Falaschi, Stephanie Galvan, Elena Gutierrez, Armando Hernandez, Israel Lira, Shirley Liu, Mayra Mejia, Kate Menefee, Mina Shahbaz, Daniel Valenzuela, and Stephanie Yepez.  After the ceremony, the students received a certificate and a lunch.