Seniors provide advice for Tigers

Maia Garcia, Staff Reporter

With just a few weeks left until our Tiger seniors graduate, many are wondering what they have planned for after high school.  They shared some of their plans and advice.  Here are some of their answers.

Arianna Fernandez

Question 1: What do you plan to do after high school?

“After high school I plan to go to Mexico for a month, then I will go back to summer school to advance classes for college. I will rent an apartment near the university and find roomies and choose my classes for my career.”

Question 2:  Do you already know which schools you will attend? And why did you choose that one?

“I am going to San Francisco University because it is one of the best universities to study biology and because it has a dental school.”

Question 3: What advice will you give to the rest of the Tigers?

“To play a lot of sports because that helps you to get scholarships and to participate in all school activities, and to take AP classes because that helps you a lot when you want to go to college.”

Ayden Barcellos 

“I plan to go to college after high school.” He also mentions the following, “I feel a little overwhelmed that graduation is so close considering I was just a kid yesterday in my eyes.”

Question 2: What advice will you give to the rest of the Tigers?

“Enjoy high school while it lasts! Don’t spend your whole time in the books, go out when you get the chance.”

Scout Gutierrez

Question 1: How do you feel because you are close to graduation?

“At this time, being as close as we are to graduation, the suspense of going off to college excites but terrify me. I am excited for the new things coming my way but want to go back to freshman year and restart my high school year.”

Question 2:What are you going to study and why?

“What I plan to study is Business Administration so I could get into Real Estate and eventually become an entrepreneur to a brokerage.”

“Advice I give to lowerclassmen is to have time management, join sports and pay attention during classes, and take advantage of the items offered to you to help you out in the long run.”

Olivia Pacheco

“I feel happy and sad that graduation is so close. I am super excited to go to college and start in a new place. On the other hand I am sad that  I am leaving all of my friends and that these last few months are the last time we will all be together.”

Question 2: What are you going to study and why?

“I am going to major in Criminal Justice. I have always been super interested in Criminal Justice. I took the Criminal Justice class in my sophomore year and I loved it. Ever since then I have always wanted to major in it.”

“My best advice is to enjoy every moment and do as much as you can. Hangout with your friends, go to all games, go to dances, join clubs and get involved! High school goes by quick so do everything to make the best of it.”

Annmarie Sarkisian

“I feel excited and ready for graduation, but I am also nervous to be on my own and go to college.”

Question 2: What do you plan to do after high school?

“I plan on going to college and then study to get my real estate license.”

“I would tell them to focus and not procrastinate in their classes. Getting school work done first is more important then doing anything else.”

Dustin McAdam 

“I feel like graduation is crazy. It’s about to start the next step of our lives. It came so quick especially with the COVID year.”

“After high school I want to go to a junior college and hopefully study some sort of mechanics trade because I have a big interest in cars.”

“To enjoy the time while you have; it goes by faster than you think.”

All Tigers wish the seniors the best in their final few weeks of high school.   Thanks to all the students who participated and told a little bit of what they are going through.