Coyote Ranch to host prom

prom

asb

2023 Prom flyer

Acxel Vargas, Reporter

Prom will be held on April 15, 2023 at Coyote Ranch in Morgan Hill. The prom will be from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. with the theme, Tuscan Sunset.

The students will have transportation covered and dinner will also be included with the ticket. The venue will provide a beautiful landscape that will show the sunset and amazing orange glow as it goes down.

The deadline for prom tickets is April 7, and the deadline for guest passes is March 24. PHS S-Club and LBHS S-Club are hosting the annual Prom Closet. This is a free event to all students that would like to attend. Throughout the year the two S-Clubs collect Prom attire. They then take turns hosting the event. This year the PHS S-Club is hosting the Prom Closet. If you are interested in attending the Prom Closet that PHS S-Club will be hosting and looking for a free prom dress, the event will be held February 28th-March 2nd.

Coyote Ranch was founded in the 1860s by the Murphy family, who were among the first settlers in the Morgan Hill area. The Murphys built a large ranch house on the property, which still stands today and has been restored to its original condition.

Over the years, the ranch has had many owners and has undergone several changes. At one point, it was a dairy farm, and later it was used for raising racehorses. In the 1970s, the property was purchased by the City of San Jose and turned into a public park.

Today, Coyote Ranch is a popular destination for visitors who want to experience the beauty of the Santa Clara Valley. The park features hiking trails, picnic areas, and playgrounds for children. There is also a pond where visitors can fish and a small herd of cattle that can be seen grazing in the fields.

One of the unique features of Coyote Ranch is its historic buildings. In addition to the ranch house, there are several other structures on the property that date back to the 19th century. These include a barn, a blacksmith shop, and a bunkhouse.

The park is also home to the Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve, which encompasses over 1,000 acres of scenic hills and valleys. Visitors can hike or bike through the preserve and enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.

Coyote Ranch is a beloved destination for locals and visitors alike. Its rich history, beautiful scenery, and many recreational opportunities make it a wonderful place to visit and explore.