Final Edition: Tiger Den

Jorge Sanchez Jr., Staff Reporter

This week’s Tiger Den will be my final article as I will be graduating high school this year.

It was a wonderful experience starting this continuous sports column series this year, keeping readers up to date with the sports happenings at Los Banos High School.  I had a great time writing these articles for the school which encouraged me to pursue a journalism career to become a sports reporter.

I am glad I got into this class, and a special thanks to Mrs. McCullough, our adviser, for letting me start this section to show my writing skills and passion towards sports.

One thing I wanted to talk to you younger readers about is if you are a freshman next school year, don’t be afraid of try new things, make new friends, or be yourself. Just go towards the right path and get your education first, especially if you are a student athlete because education comes first. I learned that the hard way. Then the sport comes after.

One of the things I am going to miss about high school is those Friday night lights because I have been playing football since the age of 7. So it was a hard goodbye to the game.  That’s why I chose to stay close to the game by writing articles for the sport. Pursuing a journalism career will be something I’ll enjoy for a while because growing up with a dad that was a big Oakland Raiders fan teaches you a lot about sports.

I will now be signing off as a LBHS Pawprint Staff Reporter and ending the Tiger Den series. This is Jorge Sanchez Jr now saying goodbye to LBHS and to the Pawprint team, thank you for the great experience.