Welcoming Mrs. Martinez to LBHS!

Liset Prado

Mrs. Martinez is ready for the 2019-2020 school year.

Liset Prado, Staff Reporter

As Los Banos High School increases in enrollment, new teachers are needed on campus. Mrs. Marysol Martinez is a new math department teacher who currently teaches Integrated Math 1 and ALEC for grades 9, 10, and 11.

Mrs. Martinez was born in San Jose and raised in Stockton, which she considers it to be her hometown. She recently moved down from San Jose to Los Banos, and she has been in the area for about a year.

Mrs. Martinez has a bachelor’s degree in Marketing from CSU Stanislaus, and a master’s upper division credits from DeVry University and Stanislaus University. She wanted to pursue project management so she started the credentials, finished the pre-service, and to this day she is still in the process of finishing her credential. Mrs. Martinez became a counselor for colleges at the beginning of her career, and on the side she also has an interest in interior design.

When asked about her teaching goals, she replied, “I just want to make sure that my teaching strategies, goals, and techniques are diverse so that I can reach all the styles of learning that we have in one given classroom. So definitely incorporating visuals and hands on activities. It’s a work in progress, but I’m hoping that I can reach every student’s learning styles.”

She expects participation and respect from her students and that they are there everyday. If they take all the notes then she believes that they will leave her class learning the curriculum that is being taught.

During the time that Mrs. Martinez has been teaching at LBHS, her favorite memories are the “aha” moments that she gets when she is teaching and her students look at her and say that they understand.

Mrs. Martinez is in room 520, please stop by to say hello and welcome her!