Our 2022 Homecoming Week Recap

Our Homecoming King and Queen, Mark Carreiro and Jacinta Brown. Photo creds: Joanne Patino

Emily Zaragosa, Reporter

LBHS kicked off homecoming week with a bang; followed by a Candyland themed spirit week, our annual parade and football game, and ending with our first ever Homecoming dance since COVID-19.

Leaders of our ASB class voted on our 2022 Homecoming spirit week theme as Candyland. Makenna Silveira (12), a part of our Homecoming committee, shared how Candyland was an easy theme for creative dress up days like “Sweet Dreams” (pajama day), “Match It” (twin day) , etc. to follow with our all around theme; “LB’s Got Game!”

In honor of LB tradition, our annual homecoming parade followed a pre-game downtown route to show our tiger pride, which was then showcased again at half time.

With the theme being “LB’s Got Game!”,  grade levels participated with “game board” themed floats. Freshmen had “Monopoly,” sophomores had “Hungry, Hungry Hippos,” juniors had “Chess,” and seniors had “Candyland.” Our Homecoming royalty along with other students of their class level sat atop these floats. Our Junior Class, Class of 2024, won Best Float.

Announced at half time was our Homecoming King and Queen winners: Seniors Mark Carreiro and Jacinta Brown.  “I was in complete shock. I was so happy and thankful. Hearing everyone cheer made me feel so loved, and I was so happy to win with my best friend!” Brown shared.

The royalty court included the following students.  Aaliyah Moreno and Nayeli Robles ran for the freshman class. Emiliana Sandoval and Madison Garcia ran for the sophomore class. Daylen Mankel and Amira Davis ran for the junior class. Scout Guiterrez and Daniel Alvarado, Cody Specht and Mia Flores, Ayden Barcellos and Kiana Betanio, and Mark Carreiro and Jacinta Brown all ran for the senior class.

Last, but not least, to end an exhilarating week, ASB hosted our Homecoming dance with the theme, “Hollywood.”

Mrs. Joanne Patino, ASB teacher, shared how our homecoming dance has been in the works for a while now. “…we’ve talked about it since last year…ASB has mentioned it a couple of times now,” Patino stated. “We were excited about having it.”

With an exciting anticipation for the Homecoming dance, it was a huge success. With over 400 students attending, all sales were used as a fundraiser for the ASB class.

The next event ASB has planned for LBHS is the Trunk or Treat/Halloween Extravaganza on October 22nd at 5 p.m. Band and ASB will be partnering up together to host a fun Halloween event for all to enjoy.