Election Outcome

Lizeth Sanchez, Staff Reporter

The results of this election was a shocking and a historical one. First,  our running candidates made history,  from having a business tycoon run for a political position to having a woman run and almost become the first female president.  And second, after eight years of pure democracy, America now has a republican president.

After months of campaigning and fighting for the right to become President of the United States, the two major candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton went head to head.

With both of them having very strong points from immigration to gun violence, we can all say that this election was a very memorable one, with Donald Trump winning and Hillary Clinton coming in a close second.

A Los Banos High student said, ” Donald Trump can’t do everything that he says. People are scared of Trump doing what he says, but he can’t do it all.”

Another student stated, “I would say that everyone is upset and scared about Trump and the whole building a wall thing, and if we all stick together, everything will be okay.”

The election is over, but now we face another challenge, accepting the change of a democratic president to a republican. Also, we face the challenge of supporting a president we may not have voted for, but who is still our president of the United States.  We need to give him a chance to do his job.  Hopefully, we stay together as a country and embrace what we have been given and hope for the absolute best.