Student Wellness Club information
Student Wellness Club information

New club to LBHS: Student Wellness offers support

Student Wellness is a new club to LBHS and it is turning out to be more than just a club for students.

Ms. Jasmin Landeros, the Wellness Counselor and club advisor, stated that this year the Wellness Club is being geared more towards supporting the students and their wellbeing. She wants the students to feel safe and have the opportunity to be involved and get to know their peers.

Landeros stated, “It is a place where students can go and just hang out when they need to feel supported and connect with their peers.”

Landeros believes that these things are very important in order for the students to feel welcomed and accepted. She also wants the club to be a place where students can get important resources. She feels that it is harder these days and knows that there are so many different issues that the students are facing and wants to help them acknowledge that they are not the only ones who are going through these challenges.

Landeros said that this year’s goal for the Wellness Club is for it to be a place where the students can talk to people their own age, and a place where they feel comfortable to speak to others about their struggles or situations. She feels that if students have a place to come that is free of judgement and pressure, it will greatly benefit them.

Some upcoming events that the club hopes to take on this year is Red Ribbon Week and of course anything promoting mental health, wellness, and supporting bully prevention.

The club meetings are on Wednesdays in room 47. Landeros stated that any student who is looking for more social environments and supporting these causes would truly enjoy being in the Student Wellness Club.