Students return to school: Will you?

Julian A Delgadillo, Staff Reporter

School started back in person on April 6 with a hybrid schedule. Returning students were split into two groups of students Group A and Group B. Group A returned on April 6 and will continue to attend school every Monday and Tuesday while Group B comes to campus on Thursdays and Fridays.  There were around 800 students who returned to campus.

There are still several questions regarding students returning to school when Los Banos Unified School District announced that schools will be reopening in mid April despite the high numbers of COVID-19 cases still in the county.

Many parents remain concerned for their child whether it be the large groups of students not following the mask and social distancing protocol, or just the safety of their student. Parents had the option to opt out of returning to school which many did, making the classroom sizes even smaller.

Although many people are getting vaccinated, most vaccines given have their requirement, such as being over the age of 18 and being an agricultural worker, front line worker, fast food employee and many more. Yet the problem is that most seniors at are around the age of 17 maybe a few are 18, so the question remains, are students even going to be vaccinated for school? Are they safe? What are the chances of them getting COVID-19? Not only for just the seniors what about the underclassmen and teachers?

Will you be returning to school?