What makes a good student?

Jacqueline Guerrero Chan, Staff Reporter

School can be an exceptionally competitive environment for a many teens. The drive, determination to study and work hard, the mindset and habits  created during these years of education will direct students for the rest of their lives.

Grades and volunteering are particularly vital areas needed to apply for colleges, the military, and even when applying to graduate school. To be an effective student requires certain abilities, but, these are skills that can be learned.  Doing well in school should be the top priority for all students. Exceptional students come in all shapes and sizes. However, a handful of common traits typically appear in good students regardless of their personality or other qualities. Some students develop good habits and qualities early in life that lead to success in school. Others must work on improving themselves as they get farther along in their educational experiences.

Time management is exceptionally vital for a great student. Managing when to do assignments and also have time for sports, work, hobbies, family, and friends, etc. is a crucial skill to establish early in life.  Time management will always be part of life.  Knowing how to control events and obligations will be a challenge for many students as they continue to have the pull from friends and cell phones.  Developing self-discipline is unquestionably something that numerous individuals do that is troublesome for a few but is doable. Other individuals who appear to have less trouble with self-discipline likely have essentially had more practice at it, in this manner making it less difficult;  since, practice is what it takes.

At updatedeverything.com,  this website mentions that responsibility is one of the marks of best performers and this goes for strong students as well. They never put the blame on their mistakes or flaws on excuses but take full obligation for their actions and possess up to the results of such activities. Great students, moreover, take the obligation and opportunities to create their character in school to be able to have effective abilities after graduation and into a career path.  

Having a good handle in all these areas will make a student shine in a class.  It is never too late to make a change, because these habits will make any teen, not only a stronger student, but a functioning member of society.