Seniors Receive their Diplomas

The Class of 2021 received their diplomas on Saturday, June 12 at Loftin Stadium.  Due to COVID, two commencement ceremonies were required splitting the graduation class into two sections, starting with a 10 a.m. session and a 1 p.m. session.

The ceremony began with the Pledge of Allegiance said by Felicity Marquez, Board of Education Student Representative and the National Anthem sung by the choir.  Student Body President Sarah Fernandez welcomed the group followed by speeches from the class presidents over the four years.  These included Gloria Leonard, Freshman Retrospect; Tessa Alberti, Sophomore Retrospect; Karime Barragan Gomez, Junior Retrospect; and Felicity Marquez, Senior Retrospect.

Principal Jason Waltman shared a Principal’s Message, and gradates and guests heard speeches by Salutatorians, Ashely Ith and Nadia Shahbaz and Valedictorians Madelyn Brizzee and Daniel Cervantes.

Also present were Superintendent Dr. Mark Marshall, who presented the Graduation Proclamation, and school board members, Ray Martinez, Margaret Benton, Anthony Parreira, and Marlene Smith.

Before the presentation of diplomas, several students were recognized for their lifetime membership in California Student Federation (CSF) and the Citizenship Awards were presented to Madelyn Brizzee and Zachary McCullough.

At the end of the ceremonies, seniors, parents, and guests gathered in Pacheco Park next to the stadium for pictures.