Back to School Means Clothes Shopping

Scout Gutierrez, Reporter

Students spend a lot of time thinking and planning their back to school outfits.  From name brands to thrifted items, students make a statement in who they are and what they like through their clothes.

Several students were willing to talk about their favorite outfits they have worn. They shared what they were wearing and what certain items meant to them. 

Paulina Gonzalez (12) 

Q: Why do you believe this outfit was your best back to school fit? 

A: I think this outfit really expresses who I am. I am pretty girly, but at school I don’t reveal it as much. I really like it; it’s really cute and basic, but an outstanding moment. 

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: The shirt is from Marshalls, the belt is Forever 21, pants are from Hollister, and I am wearing black Vans for shoes. 

Q: What was your inspiration? 

A: My inspiration for my outfit is from Pinterest. 

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: My necklace and ring is from my long distance boyfriend; the necklace consists of the first initial to his name. 

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “Blusa de flores.”

Veronica Seaborn (Math Teacher/CSF Club Leader)

A: It’s my favorite outfit because it’s a dress, flowy, and it is hot out, so it’s kind of cooling. I like this because it has Japanese Cherry Blossoms. I’m half Japanese so it connects with my culture. 

Q: What are you wearing?

A: Kiyonna, American made located in Anaheim Hills 

Q: What was your inspiration?

A: I don’t have any inspiration, but what’s comfy. 

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: The cherry blossoms on the dress relate to me being half Japanese. 

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “My Japanese Dress.” 

Eric Martinez, Marcell Cummings, Bryan Pantoja, Jorge Martinez, and Joshua Reyes (12)

A: Bryan- “This is our best fit because we really put thought into it…Every outfit compliments everyone else’s outfit, so it all works out.” 

Marcell- “It compliments each other very well.”

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: All- Calvin Klein, Pro Club, Nike, Levi’s, Champion, and Flannels 

Q: What was your inspiration? 

A: Marcell- “Me.”

Q: Name of Outfit(s). 

A: “The Flyest…Smackaholics”  

Brianna Cortes (12)

A: I think it’s my favorite back to school outfit because it shows a lot of Tiger Pride and it represents our Senior Year.

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: I wore Hollister jeans, white Vans, and then the shirt was from Tigers.

Q: What was your inspiration? 

A: People from previous years.

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: The Senior shirt represents us finally being able to graduate from high school. 

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “Tiger Pride.”

Arianna Gutierrez (12)

A: Personally I think you can never go wrong with a cute black top and mommy jeans. 

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: My tops and jeans are from Hollister and the shoes are Converse

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: My butterfly necklace means a lot to me. I always wear it and it kind of symbolizes growth; the analogy of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. 

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “Classic/Basic Back to School Outfit.” 

Angelina Valencia (12) 

A: I think this was my best back to school outfit because it fits my personality. I try to dress more or less like a mom. I feel like it’s more fun when dressing like a mom. 

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: The jeans are from Express, the shirt is from Tillys, the cardigan is from Cotton-On, and my shoes are Converse. 

Q: What was your inspiration?

A: Elena from Vampire Diaries

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: Mom reference. “I like dressing like a mom.”

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “Comfy.” 

Alexandria Perez (12) 

A: It’s pretty basic, and I kind of like a basic outfit more. It’s pretty neutral; something everyone wears. 

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: The shoes are Reebok, socks are from Nike, jeans are from Ross, the shirt is Shien, and Aldo glasses.

Q: What was your inspiration? 

A: Emma Chamberlain. “Her summer fit.”

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: My jewelry. I received some of my bracelets from special people, or they remind me of someone. 

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “Basic, Everyday Outfit.” 

Arely Villa ( 12) 

A: My favorite back to school outfit was my black senior shirt, and I think it was because it represents I’m a senior, obviously. I also thought it was so cute how half of the entire senior class was wearing the shirt, a lot of people cut or designed their shirts too.

Q: What are you wearing? 

A: It was really anything with a brand besides Converse; I ordered those online mid summer break. I’ve had them for a year now. I’d have to say I bought them from a small store at the mall, Cozy Fox. The leggings don’t have pockets but they are flared. My makeup was mostly Elf, and a Mac setting spray.

Q: What was your inspiration? 

A: My biggest idol is Selena Quintanilla. I love her; I love how she used to dress, her body, her music…I’m one of her biggest fans. I wish I would have met her before she passed; I would have  gone to a concert, but I think I do get a lot of my outfits from her. She would wear a lot of flare cut jeans or straight Levi jeans with a minimalist look. My flare leggings have a lot to do with her, as well as my hoops; she’d wear cute gold hoops. My outfits are usually inspired by her. 

Q: Any hidden messages? 

A: I was wearing jewelry, gold hoops, a gold chain pendant with a Virgin Mary on it. It was a gift from my mom and dad when I turned 15, and I’ve worn it ever since. My gold hoops match with the necklace. I had gold rings on, they are not very significant but they had butterflies and hearts. I love little hearts, but some of my non-gold jewelry I was wearing included this ojo bracelet, from my best friend, Arianna. 

Q: Name of Outfit. 

A: “Senior Fever” 

Take a look around and notice the unique styles of your classmates.  Our fellow students give us inspiration and tips on what to wear.