Listen Up Class of 2017!

Aileen Rangel, Staff Reporter

It is very critical for seniors to keep up with all the things needed for the future. If you plan on going to college you must…

1. Prepare a folder with all of your important papers such as college application essays, which you will need for college and scholarship applications. Also make sure you have an appropriate email that you will be using and be contacted by.
  2. Sign up and take the SAT- Nov. 5th and Dec. 3rd in Los Banos or/and the ACT- Dec. 10th.  Visit www.collegeboard.com for SAT practice exams and stuff on college planning!

3. Attend application workshops on campus. Schedules will be in            the main office.

CSU- You must apply between Oct. 1st – Nov. 30th 2016 for Fall 2017.  Apply at www.csumentor.edu

UC- You must apply between Nov. 1st – Nov. 30 2016 for Fall 2017. Apply at www.universityofcalifornia.edu

4. Ask 3 people you’re close and have a good relationship with to             whether it’s a teacher, coach, or employer and ask them for a             letter of recommendation. This letter will be used for    scholarship only.

5. Keep an eye out for scholarships that are available now! Due               dates vary! Don’t wait till last minute! Start checking out        websites!

For more information contact Mrs. DeGough in Room 33.