Interact Club Begins Year with Sock Drive

Julian Mejia, Reporter

The Interact Club is hosting their first event of the year, “Socktober Drive” which provides new socks for those in need within Los Banos. Interact members hope to exceed the 546 pairs of socks collected last year.  Boxes for donation are set up in all History classes for any student to help the club with donations.

The Interact Club is a club offered for students interested in community service.  The club is sponsored by the Rotary Service Club and offers students a chance to participate in activities and projects as well as developing leadership skills, integrity, and helpfulness skills by participating in community service projects. Interact Club members not only do their own service activities,  but they also assist in some events offered by the Rotary Club of Los Banos such as the Rotary Crab Feed that happens every March.

The Club has meetings frequently to talk about what their next project will be and to discuss what things to do around the campus and town.

President of the Interact Club for two years, Sahar Ayubzai (12) says, “Being in Interact Club is truly a great experience, because we do so much for our community and its members. All our activities so far have been to improve this town. When I came to the first meeting in junior year, I knew that I wanted to do everything in order to get our members to do as many activities as possible in order to make a difference; that is why I chose to become the president for the club. Now, this year I am hoping to accomplish a lot more activities in order to give back to the community. I love being the president of Interact Club, because I know that what my club members do is for the greater good of the people, and we will give it our all.”

Upcoming events include the Candy Cane Drive to raise money for Christmas gifts for the Angel Tree participants.

There are no dues or membership for this club; everyone is welcome.  If you have questions about the Interact Club, see advisor, Mrs. McCullough in room 43.