My College Application Experience

Jacob Reyna, Reporter

It is currently college application season for seniors at Los Banos High School. For many students, this is one of the more stressful parts of senior year. Personally, the college application process has been very confusing. The whole process itself has been very nerve-wracking for me. I think the idea of applying to colleges and having to think about what I want to do for the rest of my life is the scariest part about all of this, as is the case for many students.

The process for applying to colleges is very lengthy. The amount of information that goes into these applications and the time I have to put into each individual application is overwhelming. Not to mention the fact that I am not guaranteed to be accepted to the college or colleges that I apply to. One of the more popular schools in California is UCLA and the acceptance rate for this school is 12.3%., meaning for every 100 applications, only 12 of those will be accepted. Currently in my English class, we are writing college application essays as practice so that we are prepared for when a college requires an application essay. However, not many colleges require these essays anymore. I believe this is what ultimately discourages high school seniors into applying for colleges.

Going to college is extremely important to me. The college I want to apply to is CSU Monterey Bay to study cinematography. For me personally, although applying for colleges is proving to be very time consuming, in the end, it is worth it.