Pacheco defeats Tigers Boys Varsity Soccer

Pablo Garcia

Los Banos Varsity Soccer

Jose Alejandro Esquivel, Reporter

The Los Banos Boys Varsity Soccer team played Pacheco High school. The Tigers (3-1-2) in league were defeated on a score of 1-0. Although the Tigers fought the entire game, they fell short as the opposing team got through the defense. All though it was a loss, the team played well as a group. Some of the captains had a few words to say after the devastating loss.

“Going into the game we were all (team) very confident and we knew we were going to dominate the game,” left winger, Omar Lopez stated after being asked his outlook on the game.  He also said, “I think my team played well, we were all hungry to win but unfortunately simple mistakes let us down,” when asked about his thought on his teammates throughout the game.

The second team captain, Erick Lazo (Midfield/Striker) said, “My expectations were to win and have fun. I knew our team was capable of beating them. It would be nice to have won that game knowing we haven’t beat them in a while.” When asked about how he felt about how his team played the game, he said, “The team played well, fought hard yet we made some simple mistakes that cost us the game. The way I see, it was that each team was waiting for the first mistake to take advantage. It just happens to be that we made that mistake. We’ll get them next time.”

The next boys soccer game is a home game on January 25 at 6 p.m.