Super Bowl LVII Is Here!

Ramon Mondragon, Reporter

The Super Bowl is just one week away where the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles will face off in Glendale, Arizona on the February 12 at 3:30 pm. These two powerhouse teams will square off against each other to see who will raise the Lombardi Trophy to be crowned as the best team this season.

Going into this game the Chiefs are pretty banged up, in other words not as healthy compared to the Eagles. The Chiefs are missing key starting players on both sides of the ball on offense and defense and barley made it to the Super Bowl on a game winning field goal against the Cincinnati Bengals. While on the other side the Eagles had an easy trip to making it to the biggest stage in the NFL, while blowing out all the teams that they have faced off in the playoffs to make it to Arizona and are not missing any key players either.

Going in depth, Eagles are better in every category in positions on offense and defense except for QB. Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, is a real game changer, but for the last two games he has been dealing with an ankle injury that could affect his performance in the Super Bowl. People putting money on the Eagles might have a shot, but PawPrint’s recent poll shows 67% of students feel the Chiefs will win.  Many feel their win is inevitable because the Chiefs have been on this stage twice in the past three years and know how it feels to win it all and lose it all.

This Super Bowl will be the NFL’s 57th in its entire existence and as usual they will have a halftime show like they do every year. The halftime performance will be preformed by Rihanna which is the main artist but will also have performances from artists like Chris Stapleton, Babyface and Sheryl Lee Ralph.