Upcoming LBHS Cheer Tryouts Planned

Photo creds to @lbhstigers_cheer on Instagram

Emily Zaragosa, Reporter

For any possible aspiring cheerleaders, this is your sign! LBHS Cheer tryouts are coming up soon.

In order to participate in the tryout clinic, a tryout packet is avalible in the Main Office to be picked up and completed. Packets must be completed and turned in by February 28th.

The tryout packets show an overview of the coach’s expecations for the cheerleaders, as well as information about having a physcial that must be already turned in.  Digital packets are also available by email.

Our annual Cheer Tryout Clinic will be held from March 7 to March 9 at the school. Clinics will take place from 4:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day.In order to participate in tryouts, you must attend the clinics.

Cheer tryouts will take place on March 10 at LBHS at 4:15 p.m.

During the clinics, students will learn a dance and cheer made up by the Senior Cheerleaders for the first three days of clinics. On the day of tryouts, the students will perform the cheer and dance for a communal judge system who will be scored from a point system.

When asked about benefits to joining the team, Mrs. Kasondra Young, LBHS cheer coach shares, “Unlike most sports teams, each person on our team plays a vital role and cannot be replaced generally speaking.  When we create a routine or a cheer formation or stunt group and a member is ill, out or unable to participate, we cannot easily replace that team member.  I believe this causes the team to be tight nit and most members have a strong dedication to the team.”

Teamwork, as well as physical collaboration are vital aspects to joining the cheer team.

Captains’ and cheerleaders’ input all help create the routines and help practice daily for football and basketball season.

Stunting, cheer camp, community events, parades, rallys, and half time routines are all some very exciting things cheerleaders get to do if they choose to join.