The Vampire Diaries Review

Alexandria Perez, Reporter

“The Vampire Diaries” is a supernatural drama television series created by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec. The show, which premiered on The CW in 2009, is based on the book series of the same name by L.J. Smith. The show shows the life of Elena Gilbert, a high school student who falls in love with the mysterious Stefan Salvatore, a 162-year-old vampire. As the story goes on, the town of Mystic Falls, Virginia becomes embroiled in a supernatural war between vampires, witches, and werewolves.

The casting and characters were an impeccable choice, the show stars Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Candice King, and Kat Graham. The main character Elena (Nina Dobrev) is a high school girl whose parents passed and she’s left to live her high school year and beyond without them, along with her brother, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen). Along with other castings, Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) and Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) portray such amazing characters. Their roles are played as the two vampire brothers whom shared the past 180 plus years together, whom also both have shared the same love interest. They played this role so well and showed so much true emotion through their characters. Elena (Nina Dobrev) expressed her characters emotions so amazingly. However, a lot of viewers didn’t like her character, I thought her character was one of the most important. My ultimate favorite character would have to be Damon Salvatore because he shows true character development and is easily one of the most likable characters.

One of the strengths of “The Vampire Diaries” is its ability to balance the supernatural elements with the human drama. The show has a strong emotional core, with relationships between characters being a central focus. The love triangle between Elena, Stefan, and his brother Damon is one of the driving forces of the show. The characters are complex and multi-dimensional, with each having their own motivations and desires. The show also explores themes of family, loyalty, and sacrifice.

Overall, “The Vampire Diaries” is a captivating and addictive show that successfully blends supernatural elements with human drama. The show’s strong character development, engaging storytelling, and rich mythology make it a must-watch for fans of the genre. With eight seasons, the show has a satisfying conclusion that ties up all the loose ends and provides a sense of closure for the characters and the viewers.