Best Places to go on Spring Break

Tyler Spadafore, Reporter

As spring break approaches, many high school students and families are looking for the best places to enjoy the warmer weather and sunshine. California, with its diverse landscape and attractions, offers plenty of options for spring break. Here are some of the best places to visit in California during spring break.

Santa Cruz
Located on the coast of central California, Santa Cruz is a popular destination for surfers, beach goers, and outdoor enthusiasts. The town is home to several state parks and beaches, including Natural Bridges State Beach and Lighthouse Field State Beach. Visitors can also explore the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, a classic seaside amusement park with thrilling rides and games.

San Diego
San Diego, located in Southern California, is another great spring break destination. The city boasts beautiful beaches, including La Jolla Cove and Coronado Beach, as well as popular attractions such as the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. Visitors can also explore the Gaslamp Quarter, a historic district with shops, restaurants, and nightlife.

Lake Tahoe
For those wanting a mountain getaway, Lake Tahoe is a perfect choice. Located in the Sierra Nevada mountain range on the California-Nevada border, Lake Tahoe offers stunning natural scenery and outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and snowboarding. In the spring, visitors can enjoy warmer weather and explore the area’s beaches, parks, and restaurants.

Palm Springs
Palm Springs, located in the desert region of Southern California, is a popular spring break destination for those wanting relaxation and luxury. The city is known for its hot springs, spas, and golf courses, as well as its mid-century modern architecture and celebrity history. Visitors can also explore the nearby Joshua Tree National Park, a desert landscape with unique rock formations and hiking trails.

Overall, California offers a wide range of destinations for a memorable spring break. Whether you’re looking for beaches, mountains, deserts, or wine country, there’s something for everyone in the Golden State.