Los Banos High School Empowers Students to Choose How They’re Remembered & Create the Most Inclusive Yearbook Ever with Yearbook+®

Students, yearbook advisers and administrators across the country are celebrating an exciting — and relatively new — yearbook feature called Yearbook+. This innovative tool is a digital extension of the physical yearbook that allows students to upload their favorite photos from the year and tell their story, their way.

Los Banos High School is embracing this new technology to help make every student feel included and truly seen. Yearbook+ allows each student to upload candid pictures, be included in the yearbook 10 or more times each year and feel a true sense of belonging within their school community. The uploaded photos are tied to specific printed pictures in the yearbook — when students scan these printed pictures, they unlock the bonus digital content that their peers shared.

Yearbook+ has two different sections that students can upload photos to: “My Year” is a space for each student to upload 10 of their favorite memories from the year, and “School Life” is a space to crowd-source images from the entire student body for school sports, clubs and organizations.

Students are raving about Yearbook+, because it merges the yearbook tradition with modern technology. They praise the tool, sharing sentiments like, “It’s important that every student can represent themselves and their memories the way they want – in other words, let each of us tell our own story,” “It helps me feel connected to each and every student,” and, “This is a way for people who are barely in the book (like me) to be included in it.” These heartwarming statements speak to the core of Yearbook+: Everyone’s story deserves to be told.

The whole community benefits when students are featured in the yearbook more often and get to tell their own story — it breeds a sense of pride and belonging both inside and outside of school walls. Teachers and administrators appreciate the way Yearbook+ connects their community, offering statements like, “I would love it if every student felt seen and remembered the way they want to be, so they felt a greater sense of belonging” and, “It’s so cool because [with the School Life feature] you don’t only get to see the football aspect, but the whole environment around the game.” Get ready to see Yearbook+ in action in your town.

To see firsthand how this experience works visit: https://youtu.be/Om7pGiQ2RLA

Learn more here: https://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/advisers-and-staff/technology-and-experience/yearbook-plus

ABOUT JOSTENS

Jostens is a trusted partner in the academic and achievement channel, providing products, programs and services that help its customers celebrate moments that matter. The company’s products include yearbooks, publications, jewelry and consumer goods that serve the K–12 educational, college and professional sports segments. Founded in 1897 and based in Minneapolis, Minn., for more information visit  www.jostens.com.