My Prom Experience of 2023

Alexandria Perez, Reporter

The prom experience for the first time is one of the most memorable events in a high school student’s life. From the dress or tuxedo to the corsage or boutonniere, everything about the night is special. Students spend months preparing for this event, deciding on the perfect outfit, hair, and makeup. The excitement builds as the day approaches, and everyone is eager to create unforgettable memories. This was the first time I’ve ever experienced prom and it was amazing, the process of doing my makeup, my hair, and trying my dress on was thrilling. I’ve looked forward to my senior prom for years and the fact that it was a night to remember. Going dress shopping with my mom was one of the best experiences of getting ready for prom, trying on different dresses, different colors, and different styles.  I had such a memorable night with friends and it’s a little saddening how we will never experience that again.

Finally, the big day arrives, the energy in the air is electric. Students arrive at the venue in their beautiful dress and suits, and the atmosphere is filled with laughter and chatter. The music is blasting, and the dance floor is packed with couples and friends. The first prom experience is unique, and everything feels like a dream come true. Dancing, taking photos, and enjoying the company of friends is what makes the night so magical. Everyone is smiling and having the night of their life, I highly recommend attending prom for students whom have never attended.

Our beautiful venue, Coyote Ranch was put together by our parent staff and junior class. Walking in felt like a dream, there were lit candles, fairy lights, and greenery everywhere. It was truly beautiful, much more than what anyone expected. The tables were set with white cloth, silverware, and delicious food our staff provided us.

Winning the title of prom king and queen were seniors Omar Lopez and Irene Lopez who were so excited and thrilled to win the titles. Omar Lopez spoke on his experience and said, “It feels surreal that I got picked as prom king. I honestly did it because I thought it would be pretty fun and who wouldn’t want to be prom king. I never would’ve thought that I was actually going to be picked, and more with the girl that I’ve been with since we were freshman’s in high school. Once we won prom king and queen everything felt like it was a dream. I want to thank all of those who voted for us, it really made my prom special. To all my senior classmates, it’s been a pleasure spending these last four years with you guys. We outs.”

Irene Lopez, our 2023 prom queen, said, “Winning Prom King and Queen was a great experience that I never that I would have. Omar and I had talked about it messing around but I never thought to actually sign us up since I am more reserved and not much of a fan of attention. Last minute I ended up signing us up just for fun. Honestly I was very surprised that we won but it made that night a core memory for me. I am glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and got to have such a special experience with the person I love greatly. Thank you to all that voted for us. ”

As the night came to a close, students left the venue with a sense of fulfillment and joy. The memories of the first prom experience will last a lifetime, and the photos and souvenirs will be cherished for years to come. The event marks a milestone in a student’s high school career, and it is a reminder of the memories that will be treasured forever.