New Computers Donated to LB High

Pricilla Ceja, Staff Reporter

On the 9th of this month the computer lab was given an anonymous donation of 22 fully functional laptops. Students can now print directly from the laptops themselves, instead of having to go through so many programs or different locations on campus. The computer lap is now filled with two rows of new laptops.

The 22 computers took about two days to set up. Chris Ordunez, the computer tech at the school,  and three other students helped him set them up so they can be used for the students. Ordunez wanted to give a shout-out to the following students who helped out: Hunter Rose (11), Ralph Espinoza (11), and Jacob Martinez (12).

When asked Ordunez if he might have an idea who donated the computers, he said he couldn’t really say. Even though he was pressed for a little bit more details, he wouldn’t say who. The only thing he said about who donated them was “All I can say is its someone close to the school.”

The old laptops wouldn’t print directly because the operating system was discontinued, so students had to go through another program and wait for a long just to get a piece of paper printed; or they had to go to the library to print. But now with the new FULLY functional computers can print directly to the printer. The old computers are now being disposed of properly.

The students and staff members would like to thank this person for his/her generosity.  We appreciate your efforts to better LB High School and the students who attend.