English Teacher Hired for Freshmen Classes

Mrs. Carruth brings enthusiasm to Freshmen English.

Amelia Smith, Staff Reporter

As the 2017-18 school year starts, students might notice several newly hired teachers! If you are a freshman, you may have this teacher for your English class. Mrs. Joanne Carruth is our new English 9 Basic and World Literature teacher.

This is Mrs. Carruth’s third year teaching, where she previously taught at San Benito High in Hollister, California. She intends to help and support as many students and staff members as she can this school year. Carruth says that the school has already made her feel very welcome by being very friendly and supportive to her. Carruth says in the first three weeks of school her students are good so far, and she is looking forward to seeing what her students already know as they begin the course curriculum.

Mrs. Carruth attended CSU Stanislaus where she received her BA.  She now attends a program at Brandman University where she is finishing up her credentials. She has recently moved to Los Banos with her husband and three dogs in December of 2015. Mrs. Carruth and her husband do not have any kids, but she likes to look at her students as her “kids.”  

Carruth says, “My favorite animals are odd sea animals. I really like lobsters and seahorses. She enjoys curling up on the couch reading books and cooking with new recipes, but she hates the clean up after. Mrs. Carruth also enjoys going to the home football games for the spirited atmosphere, but she does not like watching the actual sport.