Tiger Nation Week Kicks Off School Year

Susie Pena, Staff Reporter

LBHS celebrated Tiger Nation Week to welcome students back to school in fun and different activities such as dress up days and lunch time events.

Throughout the week, students and staff members wore superhero outfits, tropical shirts, work out clothes and even crazy socks. There were different activities for many students.  One activity involved blindfolding students and having them guess what they were touching. Not only that, but freshmen participated in a scavenger hunt around campus with an ASB member for a chance to win prizes.

The ASB class plans themes for rallies, dress up days, and different activities throughout the school year. Senior Cameron Lowe, ASB Treasurer says, “ASB comes up with different activities by looking at previous activities and coming up with ideas among the group.  For dress up days, we came up with them through the creativity within the class.”

One main purpose of Tiger Nation is to get students involved and welcome new freshman to different activities on campus to make them feel welcomed.  Lowe says, “Tiger Nation Week is supposed to welcome the freshman and help them become involved in school.”

Every student had a favorite day that they participated in because there were so much to choose from.  Out of all Tiger Nation dress up days, Lowe says,  “My favorite day was PJ day because I could come to school in my comfy clothes.”

The past week was a successful start to the school year and a great way to make students feel comfortable and proud to be a Tiger. A special thanks to the ASB class for making this event memorable.