College Fair Week is Coming!

College Fair week

College Fair week

Hayley Spadafore, Staff Reporter

College week starts on Monday September 11th and the actual College fair is on Friday September 15. There will be eleven colleges and three branches of army and military present. Some of the schools that will be in attendace are Merced College, Grand Canyon University, Fresno State, UC Merced, Academy of Art University, and some military and army branches are U.S. Army, Air National Guard, and Marines.

Every year here at Los Banos High students have a College fair where colleges from all over the place come and set up booths in the gym and hand out informational fliers with about their school. Some of them even hand out candy or some type of souvenirs from their school like pens, lanyards, or little flags.

There will be a photo booth with ASB  this year and students can win prizes such as t-shirts, frisbees, notebooks, bags, and wristbands.

It is a great opportunity for students to see all of what these schools have to offer them.  Mr. Magellanos is in charge of the college fair this year. Mr. Magellanos said, “I want students to ask questions and start thinking about their future because high school is only four years and college is what prepares them for their future.” 

Some students talked about their thoughts and expectations for the college fair and received positive responses. Junior Aisha Sheikh said, “ I’m excited for the college fair, but I wish there was a bigger variety of schools.”

Junior Emma Hernandez said she’s “excited about it.” And another junior, Meghan Mendoza said, “ I’m excited for the college fair, and I’m also really excited for all the free pens!”

Students will attend the college fair during their English classes.

All week is a dress up week and days for dress up week are as follows: Neon Monday, Twin Tuesday, College Wear Wednesday, Thinking caps Thursday, and Tiger Pride Friday.