PawPrint

• FFA Sweetheart Banquet Feb 16

• Freshman Orientation Feb 6

• CSF applications now due Rm 22

• FFA Sweetheart Balloons on Sale

• Scholarship Saturday Jan. 27

• Last call for seniors to pick up baby pictures Rm. 43

• Prom Tickets on Sale Room 29 from Jan. 22 - Feb 2 $100

• Senior Ads for Yearbook Now Due

• College Applications/Information Rm 33

• Limited Number of Yearbooks. Buy Yours TODAY!!

Girls Water Polo Season Started

Susie Pena, Staff Reporter

Los Banos girls varsity water polo team has started their season and are off to a good start. They recently played Chowchilla and successfully took the win. The water polo team still has plenty of games ahead of them and are ready to face any challenges that come their way.

Cameron Lowe, senior, says, “We’re doing pretty good right now, we’re starting to come together and work as a team.”

Water polo is a team sport so players cannot rely on one player to take the win for them.  They are said to have great chemistry in the water and off. Lowe says, “ We need to improve on speed and better communication as a whole team.”

There are challenges that they know they are going to come across. The players are looking forward to playing Ceres the most because they were their only challenge last year, and they want to see how good they are this time around.

Water polo is an intense and aggressive sport to play in. Lowe says, “I enjoy playing defense because I get to beat up the girls and be even more aggressive.” Water polo is a tough sport and the team can be ruthless in the water. Best of luck to the girls water polo team this year.

The next water polo game will be Monday, September 25 at 4 p.m. at Pacheco against Patterson.