Welcome to the Tiger Team!!

Patrick Martinez, Staff Reporter

As part of a new behavioral initiative being implemented by the school as a way of  recognizing new members of the “Tiger Team,” students will be recognized weekly and teachers monthly through nominations.

This week Jorge Fuentes, sophomore is recognized as “a respectable citizen of Los Banos High,” says security guard Mickey Fuentes (no relation). Fuentes nominated Jorge Fuentes because he watches  this student selflessly help clean up after students at lunch.

Mr. Spivey is this month’s Tiger Team Teacher who is added for helping out his fellow teachers. 

Some of the benefits of being recognized for possessing some of the TIGER characteristics for students is the reception of an exclusive Tiger Pride Hat and for the teachers a VIP parking spot in the staff parking lot.

The Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) initiative is what is taking over our school and is an attempt to better the behavior of students in our school’s community. The state of California has recommended it to the schools and our school has implemented the program because the integration of this new strategy would occur more smoothly if it is done on our school’s terms. This initiative has been the reason for the new “rallies” that are centered around the education of students on the kinds of qualities and characteristics that are expected of them.