Fun Competition Offered in Gaming Club

Dezare Lozano, Staff Reporter

Since before 2015, Gaming Club has attracted many different gamers across the school campus. Many students ranging from freshmen to seniors and even administrators have gathered in the club and have played in tournaments to determine who is the best gamer, using the Nintendo Wii system.

Started by a few sophomore students (now graduated) that had a lot in common with video games, they had asked the American History teacher, Mr. Charles Garber, to start the club. In May of 2015, Mr. Garber became the official adviser for Gaming Club.

“We usually have tournaments for some of the video games, including Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart where we see who wins,” Mr. Garber states.

Gaming Club does not always play games; they also do many other fun things. Mr. Garber said, “We also talk about different new games and old games we use to play and discuss theories upon them,” He believes that Gaming Club offers more than just video games, and that it has so much to do with communication. “A lot of it is actually conversation, and it helps the shy people be themselves in the Gaming Club community.”

The president of Gaming Club, Sergio Berumen, junior states, “I’m planning to do a lot of fundraisers, so we can get more games and possibly go on field trips somewhere exciting.” He plans on creating more fun for Gaming Club and will welcome any newcomers who decide to join. 

Aside from games, Gaming Club has inspired many students to become a good influence, and it teaches students communicative skills along with team work with each other. Every student in Gaming Club can shake hands after a competitive match and always try again to be the best.

Taking place in room 2, Gaming Club is open on Wednesdays at lunch and after school every other Friday.