PawPrint

• Senior Grad Night May 29-30

• Wax Museum May 24

• Senior Clearance Forms Due May 29

• Finals May 30-31

• Senior Assembly/Picnic May 31

• Graduation June 1

DP Game: The Blow Out for the Bale and a Scholarship

Lauren McCullough Nominated for Scholarship

Patrick Martinez, Staff Reporter

The big Dos Palos game is a long awaited highlight for students and the football team.  One student in particular received news which made her senior year so far.  Senior Lauren McCullough was recognized with the Lithia Subaru Scholar Athlete of the Week for being an exceptional scholar, athlete, and overall outstanding citizenship.   During halftime on September 15, a news crew from KFRE CW59, covering the Friday Night Rivals football game interviewed McCullough to recognize her nomination.   She is one out of ten students competing for a $5,000 scholarship. 

She was nominated by counselors Ms. Cortez and Mr. Magallanes because of McCullough’s overall performance as a student. McCullough is a part time college student at the Los Banos junior college, a varsity volleyball player,  a co-president of the Interact Club, an FFA member, and was an RYLA Candidate.  In addition, she works part time. 

Another highlight of the night is the fact that the Los Banos Tigers battle Dos Palos every season over a Bale of Hay as a trophy. This season however, the battle was more of a minor altercation for the Tigers. The Broncos started off with a kick return for about 40 yards and nearly scored, a horrible reminder of the game last season. However, that was about the only break that the Broncos got that night. Los Banos Tiger team completely dominated the field, primarily with their passing game with six passing touchdowns and only one rushing touchdown. The final score ended with the Tigers in the lead at 49 points to the Broncos 22 points.

1 Comment

One Response to “DP Game: The Blow Out for the Bale and a Scholarship”

1. Christine Donegan on October 6th, 2017 12:06 pm

Great job,,Lauren McCullough,,A school experience you will talk about and remember forever…

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Los Banos High School