Los Banos Alumni Changing the World

Wyatt Laguna, Staff Reporter

Have you ever wondered where the people that graduated from LBHS school are today? Many alumni have gone on to be great and successful people in the world. But who are they?

Roberta Muncy and Jackie Marshall, identical twin sisters, are both alumni from Los Banos High. Both excelled with outstanding grades and were able to acquire their dream jobs. Muncy, having a love for medicine, went to school to become a pharmacist. She graduated in 1964 from the old Los Banos High which is now Westside Elementary. She attended the Merced College in which she majored in biology and minored in social sciences. “The best eight years of my life,” said Muncy.

She now lives in Los Banos working at Los Banos Drug Company. Muncy says that she has never had to work a single day in her life because it does not feel like a job if it is something you love to do.

Jackie Marshall, a very high energy and witty person, went to school to get her teaching credentials. She also went to Merced College. When asked why she wanted to be a teacher she said, “I always wanted to make a change in the educational program, and I believe I already did.”

Marshall, currently retired, now lives in Redondo Beach, California. Most of her students that she taught in school are excelling in college. Marshall often keeps in touch with her students. She receives postcards from students at Berkeley and Stanislaus colleges.  “It was like being a second mom for these kids, watching them grow up is the best thing they gave to me in return, she said. 

Marshall was a teacher who received many awards for her work with young children. She was nominated for Teacher of the Year in Los Angeles county.

A lot of good students have come out of this school and if the educational system improves even more, then more great men and women can come out of Los Banos High School. We have people graduating who are changing the world for the better, and it is astonishing.