Substitute Teacher, Linda Pinelli Loved By All

David Flores, Reporter

Do you have a substitute teacher sometime during the day?  If you are lucky, the sub might be Ms. Linda Pinelli, the Pitty Pat lady.  She makes students feel welcomed, loved, and all around special, even if it is only for an hour out of a school day.  She is an enthusiastic sub who works hard at teaching the lessons and insists students work and learn while their teacher is gone.

Ms. Pinelli was born and raised in Los Banos. She attended local schools and graduated from Los Banos High. After high school she attended The University of Santa Clara and obtained a B.A. majoring in history with minors in Italian and philosophy.

She then completed and received her California teaching credentials. Pinelli says,”From a very young age, my dream was to read books and to teach.”

This dream for young Pinelli came true as her first and only full time job was teaching history in Dos Palos High School for over forty years.  She taught European History, World History, United States History, Economics, A.P.U.S.H., and A.P. Economics.

“Now it is a pleasure to be a substitute for both high schools in my hometown of Los Banos. I loved school and still love school,” Pinelli says happily. She enjoys coming to school as it delights her day. “Students will always make my heart go Pitty-Pat, Pitty-Pat!”  This catch phrase has caught on with many students.  When referring to who their sub is for the day, students say, “The Pitty-Pat Lady.”