Clubs Participates in Christmas Events- Results

Evelyn Rodriguez, Staff Reporter

With Maker’s Market and Breakfast with Santa behind us, here are the results for both DECA and Interact club that day.

DECA’s involvement in Makers Market was selling food as a fundraiser. The goal was to make more money than they spent that day for any DECA member who want to participate in a career development conference. Although they did make money after their expenses, Ms.Austin commented ,”..we only ended up with  $177.” The money was still raised, just not enough. The preparation for this feast was overwhelming for Ms.Austin. She had to buy all the food the day before and prepare the food that morning. The costumer’s got along with all of the volunteers, some customers even left tips. When asked if Ms.Austin will be willing to do to this event again, she was unsure if she would or would not do it. This was the second time providing food for the arts center and both times the club did not make much money.

The Interact club members goal was to give a nice meal to the children and give back to the community. The club members talked to the children while they assisted with the childrens craft. Club President Lauren McCullough said,” I loved participating in Breakfast with Santa. I used to go when I was little so  it was nice to see all the little kids having just as much fun as I used to.”. Interact club advisor Mrs.McCullough had this comment about the event, “ This event was a wonderful opportunity for our club member to give back to our community. Helping children embrace the holiday season made me happy and to see my students making this happen was very rewarding.”

In total,  both clubs provided a service to the community, but with different results. If anyone in interested in joining Interact club, see Mrs.McCullough in room 43. If you are interested in DECA, see Ms.Austin in room 19.