Student Wins Panda Express for Year

Student Wins Panda Express for Year

Jorge Ortiz, Staff Reporter

CSF (California Scholarship Federation) and Panda Express teamed up to do a statewide fundraiser.  Senior Sophia Castro won Panda Express for a year by entering an Instagram contest and receiving the most likes for her picture.

She posted a picture of herself with food from Panda Express and commented #csfpanda. CSF had announced this contest in a meeting and was specified to only be available on one day.

The competition was based on how many likes the competitor received by the end of the designated time. The person with the most likes on the post with #csfpanda wins 52 meal certificates each giving the winner two entrees, no restrictions at all. There were only two people who entered the competition.

Castro says, “I never win raffles or contests, so I am surprised and happy.”

She had to give five coupons to her grandma because that was promised to her, and Castro gave up eating out for lent, so she is sharing the coupons with her friends until Easter.

California Scholarship Federation, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to recognize and encourage academic achievement and community service among middle and high school students in California. There are approximately 1500 chapters in middle school and high schools throughout the state, and each chapter is comprised of students members who meet eligibility requirements. Each chapter is led by a staff adviser.

Eligible students become members by submitting applications based on their report card grades. Membership is for one semester, and membership drives are held each semester within established periods dictated by the State bylaws.

See Mrs. Seaborn, room 22 if interested in joining CSF.