ASVAB Test Results In

ASVAB Test Results In

Colten Graham, Staff Reporter

The ASVAB test or the  Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test results arrived for most students this week who are interested in joining the military.

The ASVAB is a multiple choice test administered by the United States Military Entrance Processing Command, to determine qualification for enlistment in the United States Armed Forces. The results of the test are of major importance to those looking to enlist in any military branch from the Army to the Air Force.

The test is not limited to only the military, but it can be used to assess your strengths and weaknesses in a field for future career options. The category the test covers are the following: verbal skills, general skills, arithmetic skills, word knowledge, paragraph composition, mathematics, electronic information, auto shop info,  and  mechanical comprehension. 

In the event that a participant does not want to enter the military, they can choose to not disclose their results to the military. The test can be taken as many times as needed and each branch of the military has different qualifications for entry.   For example, the air force requires a 72 out of 100 on the ASVAB.

The military offers jobs with benefits and for some students, it is an opportunity to see the world.

Other benefits are:

• GI Bill, tuition assistance, service member opportunity colleges
  • Advanced Technical and Specialty Training
  • Cash Bonuses
  • Tax-Free housing and food allowances
  • World travel
  • Health & Dental care for themselves and family
  • Special deals on home loans
  • Being part of a larger family
  • Pension

Reed Simmons (11), a student who took the test this year believes the test was not overly difficult.  However, he thinks it would be a good idea to have an understanding of the material prevalent in the exam before taking the test.  He stated that “it isn’t that difficult, but you should study for it.”

Approximately 25-30 students take this test every year.  Students can register for the next ASVAB test in March of 2019  in the Career Center room 703 and see Miss Arrieta.