PawPrint

• Christmas Vacation Dec. 21- Jan. 13

• Tutoring Every Day in the Library 3-4 p.m.

• Buy A Yearbook! Room 43

PUBG vs. Fortnite

Colten Graham and Luke Young

PUBG,  Fortnight:  to non gamers it may sound like you are talking about a little fish or a two week period. But these little games are causing a big stir in the entire gaming industry.

What are these games you may be asking? They are a part of the ever growing battle royal game library.  These two games are the only ones that are the most successful when it comes to console gaming, and even migrating to mobile gaming. Currently, Fortnite is seemingly the more popular battle royale game due to its constant exposure on social media outlets such as Snapchat, as teen gamers show off their “Victory Royales.” This rise of popularity seeps into memes and other areas, expanding its influence. That is especially true for school.

What makes this game so intriguing, is that gamers are competing against 100 other players in this battle royal, and winning the top spot is what all players are striving for. To them it’s all or nothing. Then the random weapons add luck into the equation. Only the most skilled players can recover from constant bad loot. To non gamers, think of it sort of like the hunger games.  The reason so many kids are playing this game is because of its newfound portability with both Fortnite and PUBG moving to the ios app store and android store respectively.

One top LBHS gamer who plays Fortnite and PUBG daily is Luis Moreno (11). What he finds so intriguing about these two games is “the surviving factor and the satisfying feeling of getting number 1. Plus it’s fun to play with friends.”

Now the real question, do these games effect students and their daily life and education? Moreno says Fortnite and PUBG get in the way of work “a little” but to be fair, all games do get in the way at times.  Moreno plays Fortnite on his PS4 and plays PUBG on mobile and prefers both.

According to express.co.uk, it has been reported that PUBG Mobile has reached number one on the download charts in some countries.

Luke Young, Staff Reporter

Hey, my name’s Luke and I’m a junior at Los Banos Tigers. This will be my first and probably my last year of doing journalism. I’m not sure what...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “PUBG vs. Fortnite”

1. Holden Pimentel on April 26th, 2018 11:59 am

Fortnite is better than PUBG

2. sebastian arrechavala on April 26th, 2018 12:05 pm

I believe Fortnite is better than Pubg because it’s more fun and there are better players.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Los Banos High School
PUBG vs. Fortnite