Last School Rally: Salute to Seniors

On April 27 students had their last rally of the year with the theme “Welcome to Paradise” to honor the senior class.

The rally first opened with a senior walk where all the seniors walked into the gym together and sit down as a whole class. After that the audience was welcomed with the national anthem sung by junior, Kiera Norwood. Norwood explained, “It is always really nerve wrecking singing in front of everyone which is why I usually have my friend, Paula stand by me while I sing.”

The rally schedule consisted of senior bests, a senior skit, a YouTube video full of seniors’ activity pictures, and as usual the class chants. There were also games.  One game consisted of a Kahoot game on the video screen on the Tiger gym. Although the Kahoot game did not work because of maximum capacity of students in a game, the game was going to be “Guess That Teacher.” There were a set of pictures from a group of teachers at the school from when they went to high school, and you would have to guess which one was the right answer.  The top three winners were supposed to get a Tiger spirit pack. The other game that was successful was more difficult. The game consisted of four players from each class and they had to move the hula hoop through the group without using hands. It was a very close game, but the seniors won by a hair.

Our ASB President/Rally commissioner, Bridget Lopez was the main person in charge for the rally, and all rallies we have had this year. “There is definitely a lot of work that comes with being both president and rally commissioner, but I do it all by myself. I have the help from the whole ASB class who help me make up ideas for the rally theme, decorations, and games. It has been really fun planning all the rallies and being ASB president and I hope our next president, Brianna Felix, and our next rally commissioner have as much fun as I did,” Lopez explains.  

With less than a month left of school, good luck to all seniors and their journeys after high school.