Goodbye! Two Seniors Reflect on Year, 2018

Paulo Campos, Interviewer

The class of 2018 is finally graduating! 

In this article, I asked Stephanie Galvan, Senior Class President of 20117-2018, and Jared Haug to share their thoughts on their high school experience. 

Interviewer: Over the course of your four years, what really kept you motivated in high school?

Stephanie Galvan: I think I always knew what college I wanted to go to, and so it motivated me since I knew the requirements.

Jared Haug: I thought of a good future which kept me motivated.  I want to live a good life with a job that I’m happy with, so I decided to work hard and get good grades so I could be able to do that.

Interviewer: What year did you feel best at and why?

Stephanie Galvan: Sophomore year because I was so determined to maintain my GPA, and I ended up getting a 4.4 GPA.

Jared Haug: I felt that I did best senior year.  I really got it together.  I played two sports while also maintaining a 4.5 GPA and somewhat a social life.

Interviewer: What is one thing you would recommend to anyone for their experience in high school.

Stephanie Galvan: In general, be involved as much as you can, by being involved you see a whole other side of the school. It also allows you to interact with new people you never met, and you get their perspective too.

Jared Haug: If I were to recommend anything, it would be to keep your friends close.  It’s easy to lose friends over four years, but if you really value a friendship, keep them close.

Congrats to the Class of 2018.  Here’s to our future Tigers to do great things and contribute to the world in a marvelous way.