Homecoming Week Promotes Tiger Pride

Josalyn+Flores%2C+11%2C+dressed+up+for+tourist+day+

Lizbeth Martinez

Josalyn Flores, 11, dressed up for tourist day

Lizbeth Martinez, Staff Reporter

Los Banos High School showed their school spirit with homecoming week during September 17-21.

An entire week of dress up days encouraged Tiger Pride among students. the dress up days included:  Monday: Crazy Hair Day; Tuesday: Tourist Day; Wednesday: Dress to Impress; Thursday: Fraternity/Sorority Day; and Friday: Tiger Pride.

Students had a blast with these dress up days. Not many people had crazy hair, but the week picked up with more student involvement.  Josalyn Flores, 11, was all dressed up for tourist day with a Hawaiian shirt and fanny pack. Stephanie Murphy and Jack Aragona, both seniors running for homecoming king and queen, dressed up for both days and went all out with their outfits.

Thursday was fraternity and sorority day and many girls dressed up as fraternity boys, with tan shorts, over-sized shirts, socks and sandals.

Friday students had to wear white and gold, and it was also the car show. Students with old or new cars who want to display their vehicle entered the competition.  Viewers could look under the hood or inside the cars, voting on their favorite vehicle.  The winner this year was a tie between Tyler Incaprera for 1997 Toyota Four Runner and John Menezes for his 2015 Chevy Silverado.

Overall homecoming week was a huge success and so much fun!