Los Banos Homecoming 2018: What happened? What was it all about?

Ale Martinez

Football players enjoy cheering during the Homecoming Rally.

Ale Martinez, Staff Reporter

Homecoming: a high school or college event dance or game where all alumnus are welcome back.

Peace:

1. A freedom from disturbance, quiet or tranquil.
  2. Freedom for war of violence

These words and definitions go hand-in-hand.  Our school always welcomes former graduates of any age at any time.

The Los Banos Homecoming was hosted on September 21, 2018. It was also the National Day of Peace. This was appropriate to have both events on one day.  Students enjoyed themselves, and were happy and humble hanging out and being with friends, families.  There was plenty of smiling and laughing all day long, as well as into the football game.

The morning started really early for students.  The Homecoming rally started at 5 a.m. with games, music, pictures, and friends. Football players, band members, and many students attended.  CBS 47 filmed us for a segment about our school and our upcoming homecoming game and helped create an energetic mood to start our day.  There was a lot of tiger pride, which is pretty surprising for the fact that it was so early in the morning. 

In addition, Friday dress up day was Tiger Pride and there was a car show at lunch.

Then, after 6th period, students had a school rally where they announced all the football players. They also announced the homecoming court for each class. King and queen, Jack Aragona (12) and Stephanie Murphy (12) would be crowned later that night during half time.  Also ASB had games for students to play and the cheerleaders danced. The seniors won the spirit stick AGAIN. 

During the game, some big things happened. First Tigers won. Second at half time classes drove their displays on the class floats; the juniors won the float. There was also a float for graduated classes like the class of 1999. The color guard also had alumni attend and perform at half time.

Homecoming is always a big deal, and everyone was happy and excited while participating in all day activities.