Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Pacheco!

Dezare Lozano

Mrs. Pacheco loves teaching at our school.

Dezare Lozano, Staff Reporter

This week there is a new teacher stealing the show. Her name is Mrs. Pacheco, an English teacher here at Los Banos High School who adores all of her students as if they were her own children. If you don’t know her, you’re missing out on a remarkable year.

Mrs. Pacheco has been teaching here at for about 18 years. Mrs. Pacheco started teaching summer school in 2001 before being hired to teach full time.  Mrs. Pacheco has dedicated her love and compassion for teaching and grew to be the “Momma” of our beloved school.

Mrs. Pacheco graduated from Mariposa County High School in 1992, and attended Merced Junior College before graduating CSU Stanislaus with a Bachelor’s Degree in English around 2000. It took her quite a while because “my kids were born in 1994 (I was 18), 96, and 98, so I took a couple semesters off here and there. It wasn’t always easy, but it was definitely worth it—sleepless nights and all.”

“I refer to my students as my kids because they are so important to me.” Mrs. Pacheco said. “In my teaching career I’ve taught 3,000 students, and they all still hold a special place in my heart.”

Students continue to visit Mrs. Pacheco, keeping up with her over the years. “This year’s seniors were with me during their freshman and sophomore years. Although I was on medical leave during part of that time, I grew very close to all of them. I do truly care about all of my kids.”

Mrs. Pacheco also opens her arms for any student who seems to be struggling, whether they know her or not. “I hope the students here, whether they have/had me as a teacher or not, know that my door is always open to them, and that I’m willing to help them out any way I can.”

Mrs. Pacheco loves LBHS just as much as she loves the students. “I consider myself so incredibly lucky to work here. My colleagues are truly remarkable; the kids are wonderful; the events we put on are fun and full of Tiger Pride!”

The remarkable English teacher has four children with one husband name Mark. “we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in May of his year. I have a 26 year old step-son and from him, a 7 year old grandson. I also have my three kids from my first husband: one son (Brody, 24), daughter (Maddie, 22), and daughter (MacKenzie, 20). We also have 3 dogs and 2 cats.” What a family!

Mrs. Pacheco plans to be either a Witch or a Zombie Bride for Halloween. “I’d like to have a reason to wear my wedding dress again…chocolate cake stain and all.”

Mrs. Pacheco really is remarkable, and so are her students! If you haven’t stopped by yet, stop by her room: Room 46.