Fall Sports Coming to an End

Los Banos High School Gym

Quentin Barcellos, Staff Reporter

Fall is coming to an end, and with that so are the Fall sports. Most of the sports have only playoffs and sections left. Normal league matches, meets, and games are all over, however.

Sports like girls’ tennis, cross country, football, etc. are finally coming to an end. Seniors who played one of the Fall sports have already had their senior night. It is sad to know that they will not be able to play their sport anymore at this school.

Felix Sanchez, a senior, ran for cross country all four years of high school. When asked how he feels about cross country coming to an end, he responded, “It is sad that this is my last year. I will miss how much fun I had interacting with everyone on the team. The running itself was not so much fun, but the talking with friends before and afterwards was.”

Quentin Barcellos, also a senior, had his last cross country year end as well. He participated in cross country for three years. Just like Felix Sanchez, he will also miss how much fun he had talking with the team.

With those sports coming to an end though, it opens the door for the winter sports. The winter sports are baseball, softball, wrestling, etc. Practices for some of these sports have already started. If students plan to play one, make sure to get on it.

School is going by fast. One third of the school year is already over in the blink of an eye. Two thirds of the year will go just as fast, and before students know it, it will be time for spring sports to begin.