Dia de Los Muertos Art Show Comes Back to Town

Brandon Mandujano

Students work on display for the community.

Brandon Mandujano, Staff Reporter

On Sunday, October 28, 2018, the Los Banos Dia De Los Muertos art show occurred at the Falasco Center downtown. The art show featured dancing, music, and art pieces from students of both LBHS and Pacheco High School.

Some of the other activities there included painting skulls on faces and decorating sugar skulls in the theme of day of the dead. There were also food vendors outside, and overall, it was a rather small gathering. Art pieces from students ranged from paintings, sculptures, plaster masks, and memorial tables for passed loved ones.

There was also some Mexican dress dancing at several different skill levels ranging from full grown dancers, to young beginners with music to accompany the dance.

Overall the show was a success with and managed to fill the small hall with people eager to listen and watch dance and look at art. It brought many people together as well as exposing beginning artists or people looking to get art to the public.

Still the art show seemed to appeal to a small niche audience, as some students were apathetic to their art being shown, but not all of them.

One student, Fanasy Nelson (11) stated, “I felt good, having it in the show.” Hopefully this will mean that more people will be interested in the upcoming art shows and events such as the Congressional Art Show.