PawPrint

• Christmas Vacation Dec. 21- Jan. 13

• Tutoring Every Day in the Library 3-4 p.m.

• Buy A Yearbook! Room 43

Wrestling Begins

Colten Graham, Staff Reporter

Wrestling is starting.

The practices are held from 3:15 to 5:30 p.m.. It is a individual winter sport. By individual means that players can advance to sections without a team much like swim, track, cross country, and tennis. The wrestling team is coached by Mr. Castro and his partner Coach Mendoza.

To join wrestling students have to have a physical on file and have a weight assessment. The first one was on November 3, but there should be several weight assessments through the first month.  

The team is also weight based. The weight classes range from 106 to 285. Each of the weight classes is its own varsity spot. The first dual meet is during the week of November 26.  It is the cardinal and gold scrimmage where the team wrestles each other, and the team gets split. Wrestlers are paired by similar weight against each other to make for interesting matches. For many it will be their  first wrestling match and a safe introduction to how a match should be run.

Nathaniel Ruiz (12) said, “I’m excited for the scrimmage; it’s a good chance for the new players to get a true feel for the sport.”

For more information, come to the mat room from 3:30 to 5:30 after school and sit in on a practice. The coaches are very welcoming of all newcomers, but the sooner the better.

Colten Graham, Reporter

Hi.  I am Colten Graham. I play four varsity  sports. I am highly allergic to cats and can't properly digest dairy. I pass my time maintaining my grades....