Fundraiser Held for Emily Inzunza

School staff

Emily shooting the first basket of the game.

Angelica Sanchez, Staff Reporter

Leadership and hard working is what Tigers do at this school; we also help the community and care about the well being of others.

On January 18, 2019,  the boys basketball team had a fundraiser for 9 year old, Emily Inzunza who is diagnosed with 13 cells (ALL) Leukemia. Emily and her parents travel to Stanford Hospital three times a week for treatment. The ASB under the leadership of Brianna Reynaga helped organize this event as a way to help with the family’s expenses.

All the proceeds from the snack bar and the purchase of $15 shirts to support Emily were donated towards Emily treatments. If students/community members bought a tee-shirt, they were able to get in free to the game. Emily shot the first hoop in all three divisions for our boys, and throughout the whole game Emily’s smiles expressed her happiness, and showed that she was having a great time.

“Working and organizing Emily Inzunza’s orange-out game was stressful with such little time to prepare, but the end result of Emily’s happiness was all worth it!  Nothing would’ve been able to happen without the great help of Mr. Coleman, Mr. Barcellos, Michelle Ceja, and your 2019 ASB class,”  Reynaga said about the event.

Team Emily Inzunza put together another fundraiser together to help with the expenses. She had a Rigatoni drive on Sunday, January 27,2019 at the D.E.S. They served rigatoni, salad and rolls. The donation was $10.00 each. We hope you were able to make it Tigers!

The Tigers Varsity and JV boys basketball teams won.  Varsity won 82-67 and JV 64-49. Frosh just barely lost at the score 47-49 against Beyer.