PawPrint

• Easter Break April 19-22

• Choir Spring Concert April 24

• May Day Fair April 29-May 5

• Students Prepare for State Testing

• Prom April 13

• Tutoring Every Day in the Library 3-4 p.m.

• Buy A Yearbook! Room 43

Movie review: Glass

Back to Article
Back to Article

Movie review: Glass

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtJRwdyXT0dumvzZqgpu_d553qxqBgbS_2fxDRqHVR_TN6_Gzc

Eric Macias, Staff Reporter

Glass, the 2019 film is the third installment from the Unbreakable (film series) which includes the films Split and Unbreakable. The film was released on January 18, 2019 and was directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who also directed the previous films. The movie continues the story of its three main characters, Elijah Price (Glass) played by Samuel Jackson, David Dunn played by Bruce Willis, and Kevin Wendell Crumb played by James McAvoy.

The movie is about all three of the characters in a insane asylum and their interactions with each other. The three characters have to face each other in many ways in this institution and come to terms with who they are. If you have not watched Split or Unbreakable, I highly recommend you watch them to better understand this film.

The movie’s cinematography of the film was great for the most part, but at some moments, it felt cheap and rushed. Many seemed as if they were cut short or played on for too long. Viewers truly connected to some of the characters like David Dunn with his hero personality, but his ability to still remain grounded as a person.  Other characters, like the son of David Joseph Dunn was difficult for me to like this character.  Unfortunately, if he was not in the film or even if he played a smaller role, it would have not made much of a difference in the movie.

I had two big issue for the movie.  The first was the movie itself.  Even though being two hour long felt too fast for the fact that it had too much stuff happening with the three characters, unfortunately, it felt as if the characters never changed and were the same at the end of the movie. The second is the ending which is supposed to be a very big plot twist, but for me, it felt really random and uneventful.  

Over all the film was good but not great. It had a lot of cool and interesting scenes, but had the same amount of uninteresting parts too. The 2019 film Glass by director, M. Night Shyamalan was a 6.5 out of 10 for me. Good enough to watch if you have seen the other two movies.

Eric Macias, Staff reporter

My name is Eric Macias. I am a senior. This is my first year in journalism. I joined this class because my friend recommended it to me, and said it was...