LBHS Students Prepare for AP Tests

Brandon Mandujano, Staff Reporter

AP tests are coming up! Students should be sure to know the dates of their tests and be sure to study for them. The dates of tests are listed below:

• May 6:   AP US Government and Politics

AP Environmental Science

AP English Literature and Composition

• May 7:  AP English and Composition

AP Spanish Literature and Culture

• May 8:  English Literature and Composition

European History

• May 9:  AP Chemistry
  • May 10:  United States History
  • May 13:   AP Biology
  • May 14: AP Calculus

Human Geography

• May 15:   AP Macroeconomics
  • May 16:  AP Statistics

For many classes study sessions have already begun, but most all classes also had a study session on Saturday April 16 for the first “AP Day.” Attendance was mandatory for all recipients of the AP test fee waiver. The day went well, allowing for students to spend four hours, two hours for each of two class sessions that day, with teachers to study, take practice tests, and or go over work from earlier in the year.

AP tests are used to measure one’s mastery of a college level course. Passing one of these tests can grant students some college credit in the subject for which they passed a test. According to thescholarshipsystem.com, tests can save students hundreds or even thousands in tuition depending on which school they go to. With tests coming up, the clock is ticking to get study and mastery of subjects done in time for the test.

Other resources for studying include test books from publishers such as Barron’s, online resources, and of course from AP teachers. Be sure the morning of the test, to eat a good breakfast, sleep well the night before, and most of all stay calm during the test.