What Colleges Are You Interested In?

Liset Prado

Senior Jenny Prado proudly shows off UC Santa Barbara gear.

Liset Prado, Staff Reporter

For all those Juniors and Seniors out there who are now deciding what college might be right for them, it can be stressful trying to search and apply. Whether you may be staying in state or out of state, now is a great time to look into the many available opportunities.

When I asked Jenny Prado, a senior, if she had any interests for colleges/universities she replied, “So far I am thinking about UC Merced, UC Stanislaus, Sacramento State, or UC Santa Barbara. I’m not really sure yet where I want to go since I might go into the army.”

On Instagram I put out a question asking about possible interests in any colleges, and I was able to get a few responses. Ten percent of the responses said they were going to the JC Merced College here in town, only one person stated that they would go to Cal Poly State University, and 5 percent said they would like to go to UC Los Angeles or UC Davis. There were some people who were not sure yet what college was right for them.

Junior, Alexandra Webster was the one person who said, “It would be nice to go to Cal Poly State University especially if my friends can make it in too.”

Senior, Diego Carrillo ending up saying, “I still don’t know where I would like to go. I’m not too worried about finding a school.”

If you are one of those people who still do not know where to go after high school, then it is recommended to do research the many options available. College/University can be a great experience and it can prepare people for independent living and real life situations.

Here at Los Banos High School there are student services available to all students which include college and career planning, financial aid, CSU and UC admissions, and so much more. Make sure to stop by the student services if you have any further questions.