Fall finals at LBHS

Isaiah Chavez, Staff Reporter

When Christmas break is rolling around it can be a very exciting time for a lot of students. Three weeks off of school, the semester finally being over and most importantly Christmas. However, it can also be a stressful time for students because of finals. Our finals are the only thing standing between us and Christmas break. Some teachers may give your class a final and others may not.

The whole point of finals week is to see how much you have learned over the course of the semester. Many students do not like the idea of finals week. Mostly because it would be very difficult to retain all of the information we have learned over the course of the semester. It all depends on the student though. For some they can handle their finals with ease, others it may be more of a struggle.

The two words FINALS WEEK can induce lots of stress. According to a 2016 study conducted by MentalHelp, 89 percent of students were stressed at least two to four times per semester. Thirty-one percent of students surveyed that finals were their biggest source of stress. In a different study conducted by the American College Health Association, more than 34% of students said stress had negatively affected their academic performance.

So what can we do to try and ease the stress?  Buy yourself a planner; it can help you stay organized with all of your assignments and due dates. Highlight the most important topics on your study guide, this will help you to remember to spend more time on them.  Stay off social media, and instead, use that time to start studying ahead of time. And lastly eat well and get plenty of sleep, it will keep you fueled and energized so that you will be able to make it through finals week.